1/25/2007

most of the time less is more . . .

Last night at our jr high mid week service our jr high pastor was pumping the Believe conference that we take our students to. It was fun for me to see what it is like from the other side. This is my full time job. I plan Believe events and here I was on the other side in a jr high service hearing with them about Believe. We take our students to Tulsa Believe. It is just around the corner and our jr high pastor, Matt Neal, told the students he had a video to share with them to "pump them up about Believe". I was excited. We work so hard on our videos that promote the Believe event. We sit in meetings and talk about how our inventive videos are going to rock youth ministries all across the country . . .

. . . and then last night my own jr high ministry reminds me of a few of the core values I myself trumpet on this blog. Believe is bigger than the program because we (no pun intended) believe in the local church and we know that it is all about connecting adults with students in meaningful relationships. The video our youth leaders made to tell about Believe is one of the best I have ever seen. I drags a bit in the middle; but it is still funny! Great job guys, it was awesome. I can't wait to see our students experience Believe in Tulsa! Less is always more . . .




Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: